Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Golden Books Littlettes


When I was a child, I was showered with hand-me-down Little Golden Books. My mom always said that I pored every inch of each page. It would most certainly explain why they are so worn out and filled with gibberish writings.

I was intringued with how the books are used to make crafty and adorable items upon seeing Pip's (from Meet Me At Mike's) Little Golden Books wallet and handmadelove's repurposed journal. I thought both were brilliant ideas, and I Flickrd for more Little Golden Book Goodness.


1. Golden Book Wallet: from Meet Me at Mike's.
2. My very own Golden books Notebook!: from Dawn Tan,
which I first spotted on her wonderful blog, handmadelove.
A very cute repurposed journal from a very cute Little Golden Book.
3. Santa Decor and/or Puzzle
4. Paper Basket


1. PoMoGalaxy Little Golden Book Bangle
2. From old Little Golden Books
Frame and hang up those yummy pages from beloved books =)
3. Making coasters
4. 100% recycled tins x 2

So motivated by the crafty goodness, I have been hunting for Little Golden Books in thrift stores. Recently, I found one, but it was so worn-out and filled with gibberish writings, that it simply could not be salvaged for crafty purposes. Why do children express their love for a book in such messy ways? ;)

And one last note: Thanks for such sweet comments on the previous post =). I still wonder how I made such great bloggy friends in the space of just a couple of weeks =). You all rock! You know that, don't you?

5 comments:

  1. I love to make stuff but don't think I can tear a book apart, not even for crafting purpose, bec' I love books even more. =D

    And, you are sooo sweet yourself! That's why we are attracted to your wonderful blog! =)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such wonderful findings! crafty goodness...can't get enough of them! Have a good week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 3 little pigs! Oh this post makes me nostalgic for the days gone by!

    P.S. Thanks for joining my giveaway. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also good to use pages as wrapping paper for small gifts - it's an adorable touch

    ReplyDelete

♥Thanks for leaving a note♥
I love reading every one of them =)