Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Amigurumi List / Tutorials

Two Peas in a Pod from Lion Brand Yarn

Ever since I started crocheting, I have been relying a lot on Amigurumi World (by Ana Paula Ramoli) and Super Cute Crochet (by Nicki Trench). There is an unlimited source of ami patterns online, and the following are the ones which I thought were cute and may try in the future. I thought of sharing the list here, just in case you would like to try them too :)

Bibo (the bunny)
Ana Paula's free patterns
Chicken
Hot Dog
Spring Bunnies
Bunny Boo
Kawaii Bunny
Birds of a Feather
Hearts

From Ana Paula

The following are from Lion Brand Yarn website. You will need to register to access the patterns (free registration). Note that the patterns are really adorable!:
Pablo Panda
Paula Puppy
Georgina the Giraffe
Two Peas in a Pod
Pig
Graduation Bear
Holiday Penguin
Best Bunny

Best Bunny from Lion Brand Yarn

Crocheting/Amigurumi tutorials if you would like to start learning now
I used a variety of online videos and library books to help me learn. These are the video tutorials which I find particularly useful:

** The Knit Witch: Single Crochet Stitch, Double Crochet Stitch
--> I found these tutorials really clear. I learned sc and dc just by watching these videos :).

** Hook and Needles: Amigurumi 1, 2 and 3
--> These tutorials are fast paced. I find it easier to watch the Knit Witch's videos first before going through Hook and Needles tutes.

** Learn to read patterns using Nimoe's cupcake tutorial

Paula Puppy from Lion Brand Yarn

And a peek into Super Cute Crochet by Nicki Trench:

The bunny on the cover of the book should look familiar :)


5 comments:

  1. Oh CUTE !...Thank you so much lyn ...this is GREAT info ...I can't wait to look into it : ) ...

    What great stocking stuffers these cuties would make at christmas time ! ... I can see it becoming quite an addictive pass time...! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world of Amigurumi World are just soo cute! Your really good with crocheting and i am looking forward to see more of your cute little amigurumi! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how very, very lovable & adorable...now..if only I could crochet..hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for compiling the list, Lyn. I don't crochet much (though I would very much love to) as I have problem reading those written instructions. I rely heavily on those in diagram forms instead :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lyn, Just wanted to wish you a beautiful happy birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day and a even greater year ahead !

    also, want to thank you once again for this information. Honestly, I would've been lost without it. You are right, books alone don't really cut it when starting out. All this info is just so appropriate/ relevant and is making my life so much easier. Thank You !

    ReplyDelete

♥Thanks for leaving a note♥
I love reading every one of them =)