Pages

Saturday, June 09, 2012

The Pastry Monthly!

By now, I'm sure my regular readers would have figured that I have a sweet tooth. Some may have even noticed my particular weakness for pastries. I have them once or twice a week, usually as a treat during the weekends. 

I have them so regularly that I've decided to have monthly posts on my pastry indulgence - a post dedicated to all the yummy pastries I have throughout the month. Just 'cause I feel like it ;).

Soooo:


Chocolate Pistachio from Simply Paris which is based at Dixon Street, with stalls set up at the Harbourside Market, Chaffers Docks Market on Sundays and the Farmers' Market up at Thorndon on Saturday mornings

My review: Yummy! Chocolatey with a hint of pistachio - more pistachio would be nicer :)


Some sort of custard pastry (the name escapes my mind at the moment!) from Brezelmania based on Jackson Street, Petone and a stall set up at Chaffer Docks Market

My review: Slightly disappointing -  the pastry was not as soft as I would have liked it be :(
I've tried Brezelmania's berry pastry before, and that was pretty good. Maybe I just picked out the wrong one that day? Regardless of this rather disappointing experience,  I'll definitely be trying Brezelmania's other danishes the next time!


Pain au chocolat with custard and meringue from Moore Wilson's delivered from Bordeaux Bakery.
Bordeaux bakeries are at Thorndon Quay, Featherson St (Lambton Quay) and The Terrace (Lambton Quay).

My review: I know I can never go wrong with Bordeaux Bakery - everything there is top notch, including this beautiful pain au chocolat.


Almond croissant with custard and meringue - a variation of the pain au chocolat above, and also baked at Bordeaux Bakery.

When my sister visited me at Wellington a month ago, she bought this while I was at work. I was taken aback by the price of one croissant ($5.50), but once I tried it, I could not tear myself away!
My review: Money worth spent on Bordeaux's indulgent pastries and danishes!


Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! I've just discovered it today, and I've gone through pages of your blog, and many cute things have inspired me! ^^
    I think I like everything you like: cute stuff, crafts, sweets, stationary, and pretty much everything else you on this blog ^^

    ReplyDelete

♥Thanks for leaving a note♥
I love reading every one of them =)