Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gong Xi Fa Cai


Happy Chinese New Year!

The photo is not really Chinese New Year-ey, but it will have to do. It was taken somewhere in Shanghai in 2009, on a family vacation :). 

This year is the Year of the Dragon, which is my Chinese zodiac. If you are curious and would like to know what is your own zodiac sign, check out Wikipedia. It is similar to the Western zodiac, but instead of determining the zodiacs by the month, the Chinese look at the years instead. Being a dragon baby is very sought after in the Chinese culture. It is believed that babies born in the year of the dragon are smarter, stronger and have the best luck. Looks like we can expect a baby boom in Chinese communities this year!

This year, I am celebrating the occasion alone. My family is still back at Kuala Lumpur, whilst I am in Auckland, finishing up my last paper for the summer. I spent the eve and new year's day with friends instead, which is almost as good as celebrating with family!

Hope you are having a lovely day and a great celebration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Thanks for leaving a note♥
I love reading every one of them =)